Monday, November 4, 2013

Surprisingly deadly


Most people use plastic shopping sacks "Walmart sacks".  Most people like helium party balloons.  Many people think it's fun to let them loose to fly away. Lots of school children have set them loose to get someone to write to them from a far away place.  Many people forget to take balloons off corner posts to show people the way to a party.  These are all bad ideas.


I see balloons and sacks caught on barbed wire fences or just snagged on tall weeds out in a field.  I run and grab them and put them in the trash as soon as I see them.  They can kill cattle.

Cattle are nibblers.  A necropsy can show digestive tracts clogged with balloons or plastic shopping sacks.  That can be a miserable way for an animal to die.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous comment passed along to my mom's email. (I think it came from Germany.)

    "I've been browsing online more than 2 hours today, yet I never found any
    interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me.
    In my opinion, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you
    did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before."

    ReplyDelete